M is for Microbe
BTI’s 2017 Lab Contest
Bring us your best fungi, bacteria, and algae for our M is for Microbe contest. We are asking BTI labs to grow the University of Minnesota M in a petri dish. The winning lab will get the glory, the bragging rights, and a $300 gift certificate for lunch for the lab. Contest starts in September and will end December 15, 2017.
How to Enter
- Tweet update photos of your entry to @BTI_UMN 3 times over the course of the semester with the hashtag #UMNMICROBE.
- Send a high resolution copy (at least 1024x768, such as from an iPhone or digital camera) to email@example.com. Include your name, a location, date and brief description of the image. Let us know what alterations (if any) you made to the photo.
How will the contest be judged?
- Photos are submitted to BTI Communications and collected. Photos must be submitted before
December 15, 2017
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of BTI faculty and staff.
To be eligible to win:
- Be an undergraduate student, graduate student, postdoc, or faculty member in a BTI lab
- Follow all contest instructions
- Submit photos on or before December 15, 2017
- Can I enter more than once?
- Do I have to be on Twitter?
Yes. We’re seeking photos to publicize BTI and increase our Twitter presence.
- The BioTechnology Institute retains the right to use any photos you enter in the contest for online and print marketing materials.
- Please keep your photos and captions “safe for work” and appropriate for university promotional materials.
- We retain the right to remove entries.